Two Injured in Highway 97 Crash south of Redmond
Date: August 4, 2015
Location: Highway 97
Names: Harvey Wax, Robin Wax, Devon Fernald
Tuesday morning two people were injured in a crash on Highway 97 south of Redmond.
Harvey Wax, 78, of Ann Arbor, Michigan, was headed south on Highway 97 when he missed the turn for the Redmond Airport.
Wax pulled into a driveway to turn around and he pulled out into the path of a car driven by Devon Fernald, 29, of Redmond.
Wax and his passenger, Robin Wax, 74, were taken to the hospital. Fernald was treated and released at the scene.
Wax was cited for failure to yield entering roadway.
We wish Harvey and Robin Wax a full and speedy recovery.
As Portland car accident attorneys, we know that filing an insurance claim can be extremely complicated and stressful. After a crash like this, any injured person can seek compensation through the at-fault driver’s insurance policy, or through their own uninsured motorist coverage.
Steps to Take for Filing an Insurance Claim after an Oregon Accident:
- Get medical treatment. If you’ve been injured, waiting to seek medical treatment can greatly affect the value of your claim.
- Right after the accident, write down any details you remember.
- Contact your insurance company and get a copy of your insurance policy if you don’t have one. Talk to your adjuster about using your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage for medical treatment, lost wages, etc.
- Determine the amount of property damage done.
- Start keeping good records. Get the police report, copies of medical bills, pictures of your car before and after repairs, etc.
- If you are considering hiring a lawyer, talk to the lawyer before you talk to the other driver’s insurance company.
- Get all correspondence with both insurance companies in writing.
- Do not sign anything until you are done treating and are medically stationary.
- Check the statute of limitations on your claim. For most car accidents in Oregon, the time limit is two years, but this is not true for all cases. In some cases, you will only have 180 days – speaking to an attorney can clarify your time limits.
- Discuss your case with a car accident attorney in Portland who offers free consultations to start understanding the laws that affect your case and your rights as an accident victim.
But before you speak to the insurance adjuster or an attorney, you can learn more about the Oregon insurance claim process in the very helpful book, 7 Common Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Oregon Accident Case.
Posted on August 6, 2015, in Automobile Accidents, Car Accidents, Oregon Car Accidents, personal injury and tagged car accident, car crash, crash, Devon Fernald, Harvey Wax, Highway 97, Personal Injury, redmond, Robin Wax. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.