Lincoln City Man Killed in Highway 101 Crash near Salishan
Date: July 31, 2015
Location: U.S. 101
Name: Matthew Nelson, Martin Sample
Friday morning a Lincoln City man was killed after his car crashed into the back of a dump truck on U.S. 101 near South Immonen Road.
A dump truck was merging onto northbound Highway 101 when a 2007 Saturn Sedan crashed into the back of the truck.
The driver of the Saturn, Martin Sample, 53, of Lincoln City, was pronounced dead at the scene.
There were no skid marks present, which investigators believe that Sample made no attempts to steer around the truck.
Nelson was not injured and is cooperating with the investigation.
We extend our condolences to the family and friends of Martin Sample.
As Portland car accident attorneys, we know that filing an insurance claim can be extremely complicated and stressful. After a crash like this, any injured person can seek compensation through the at-fault driver’s insurance policy, or through their own uninsured motorist coverage.
Steps to Take for Filing an Insurance Claim after an Oregon Accident:
- Get medical treatment. If you’ve been injured, waiting to seek medical treatment can greatly affect the value of your claim.
- Right after the accident, write down any details you remember.
- Contact your insurance company and get a copy of your insurance policy if you don’t have one. Talk to your adjuster about using your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage for medical treatment, lost wages, etc.
- Determine the amount of property damage done.
- Start keeping good records. Get the police report, copies of medical bills, pictures of your car before and after repairs, etc.
- If you are considering hiring a lawyer, talk to the lawyer before you talk to the other driver’s insurance company.
- Get all correspondence with both insurance companies in writing.
- Do not sign anything until you are done treating and are medically stationary.
- Check the statute of limitations on your claim. For most car accidents in Oregon, the time limit is two years, but this is not true for all cases. In some cases, you will only have 180 days – speaking to an attorney can clarify your time limits.
- Discuss your case with a car accident attorney in Portland who offers free consultations to start understanding the laws that affect your case and your rights as an accident victim.
But before you speak to the insurance adjuster or an attorney, you can learn more about the Oregon insurance claim process in the very helpful book, 7 Common Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Oregon Accident Case.
Posted on August 3, 2015, in Automobile Accidents, Car Accidents, Oregon Car Accidents and tagged car crash, collision, dump truck collision, Highway 101, lincoln city, Martin Sample, Matthew Nelson, rear-end accident, rear-end crash, rear-ended, salishan, South Immonen Road, U.S. 101. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.