Aloha Man Dies in Fatal Crash on Southeast Foster Road
Date: July 21, 2015
Location: Southeast Foster Road
Name: Todd David Lane
Tuesday afternoon a head-on crash near Southeast Foster Road killed an Aloha man and seriously injured the other driver.
The crash occurred between Barbara Welch Road and 162nd Avenue.
Todd David Lane, 37, was killed in the collision and a 54-year-old woman was seriously injured.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
We extend our condolences to the family and friends of Todd David Lane and wish all the people involved in this crash a full and speedy recovery.
As Portland car accident attorneys, we know that filing an insurance claim can be extremely complicated and stressful. After a crash like this, any injured person can seek compensation through the at-fault driver’s insurance policy, or through their own uninsured motorist coverage.
Steps to Take for Filing an Insurance Claim after an Oregon Accident:
- Get medical treatment. If you’ve been injured, waiting to seek medical treatment can greatly affect the value of your claim.
- Right after the accident, write down any details you remember.
- Contact your insurance company and get a copy of your insurance policy if you don’t have one. Talk to your adjuster about using your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage for medical treatment, lost wages, etc.
- Determine the amount of property damage done.
- Start keeping good records. Get the police report, copies of medical bills, pictures of your car before and after repairs, etc.
- If you are considering hiring a lawyer, talk to the lawyer before you talk to the other driver’s insurance company.
- Get all correspondence with both insurance companies in writing.
- Do not sign anything until you are done treating and are medically stationary.
- Check the statute of limitations on your claim. For most car accidents in Oregon, the time limit is two years, but this is not true for all cases. In some cases, you will only have 180 days – speaking to an attorney can clarify your time limits.
- Discuss your case with a car accident attorney in Portland who offers free consultations to start understanding the laws that affect your case and your rights as an accident victim.
But before you speak to the insurance adjuster or an attorney, you can learn more about the Oregon insurance claim process in the very helpful book, 7 Common Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Oregon Accident Case.
Posted on July 22, 2015, in Automobile Accidents, Car Accidents, Oregon Car Accidents, personal injury, Wrongful Death and tagged aloha, Barbara Welch Road, car accident, car crash, collision, fatal crash, head-on crash, Personal Injury, se 162nd avenue, SE Foster Road, SE Portland, Southeast Foster Road, Southeast Portland, Todd David Lane, wrongful death. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.