Several people injured in an accident that involved two police cars on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Date: June 17, 2014
Location: Salmon Ave., Redmond
Name: Officer Jered Kirk, Ashley Maxey

Several people were injured in an accident that involved two police cars on Tuesday, June 17, 2014.

Redmond Police Officers were responding to a call relating to a fight when the accident occurred. Officer Jered Kirk was driving a Ford Crown Victoria patrol car westbound on Salmon Ave with his lights and sirens on. On learning that one of the suspects had fled the scene, Officer Kirk attempted to make a U turn to pursue them. As he was turning, he was hit by a Ford Explorer driven by Sgt. Aaron Wells. Wells then collided with a 2000 Chevy Impala driven by Ashley Maxey, 23, of Redmond.

Kirk and Maxey both suffered minor injuries and were taken by ambulance to St. Charles Redmond Hospital. They were released after receiving treatment for their injuries. Officer Wells was not injured in the accident.

It was not reported if the suspect from the fight was apprehended. The accident is still under investigation at this time.

We would like to express our best wishes for a fast and full recovery to both the parties injured in the crash. Our thoughts are with you as you recover from your injuries.

When a person is injured by an employee of the city, county, state, or other public body, the injured person may be able to sue the public body for damages and their injury.

To do so, they must alert the public body that caused their injury through a Tort Claim Notice. In most cases the Tort Claim Notice must be received no later than 180 days from date of the injury. If the accident is fatal, however, the Notice must be received within one year. Filing a lawsuit against a public body is more complicated than suing a private person, so you may want to work with an experienced Oregon injury lawyer.

Details regarding the process of sending an Oregon Tort Claim Notice are available in ORS 30.275. Be careful, though, because in some cases more than one public body may be ultimately responsible, as when a “city” street is actually maintained by the county, for example, and a Tort Claim Notice will need to be sent to both.

If you still have questions after reading the Oregon Statute, you should contact an Oregon personal injury attorney. They will be able to answer your questions, assess your case, and if you hire them, support and guide you through this complex legal process.


About Sean DuBois

Sean is a personal injury attorney in Portland, OR. He has been recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as Oregon Rising Stars for the past four years because of his dedication to justice and fair compensation for his clients. If you need to speak with a lawyer about your injury case, Sean can be reached at 503-222-4411.

Posted on July 3, 2014, in Automobile Accidents, Car Accidents, Lawsuits Against the State, Oregon Car Accidents, Oregon Personal Injury Attorney, personal injury and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: