Two-Car Crash in Forest Grove Injured Six
Date: May 15, 2014
Location: Intersection of Maple Street and Oregon 47, Forest Grove
Name: Six People
None of the six have sustained life threatening injuries, and police are investigating the cause of the accident.
Police have said that the intersection has been of concern for the number of accidents that have occurred there and have urged the transportation department to reduce the speed limit there.
We extend our sympathies to all those involved in this crash and we hope for a full recovery. In the wake of such a crash, it can be hard to know what to do.
After an auto accident remember to:
- Take care of your body:
- Get medical treatment and keep treating until stable.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for referrals and to seek out doctors you can trust.
- Keep all of your medical bills and medical records relating to the crash.
- Collect evidence:
- Take photos at the scene of your car, their car, your injuries, and anything else that seems relevant.
- When you get home, write down any details you remember after the accident.
- File an Oregon Traffic and Insurance Report within 72 hours of the accident. Keep your copy.
- Get a copy of your police report (if one was filed).
- Keep track of the damage done to your vehicle and document repairs with photos.
- Do not give recorded statements to any insurance company without talking to a competent Portland car accident attorney.
- Protect your rights:
- Read 7 Common Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Oregon Accident Case
- Keep good records of your treatment, damages, lost wages, etc.
- Get all correspondence with insurance companies in writing.
- Find out your statute of limitations.
This process can feel confusing and overwhelming, especially when you are in pain and worried about your financial well-being. Remember, you can always contact an Oregon personal injury attorney for a free consultation and evaluation of your case if you need help.
Posted on June 12, 2014, in Automobile Accidents, Car Accidents, Oregon Car Accidents, Portland personal injury attorneys and tagged car crash, Portland personal injury lawyers. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.