Three Injured after Car Runs Red Light, Hits TriMet Bus
Date: January 27, 2014
Location: NE 42nd and Halsey, Northeast Portland
Names: Unnamed victims
According to reports the accident occurred at around 2.20 pm on NE 42nd and Halsey.
At least two people had to be taken to hospital for treatment of injuries. We extend our sympathies to the injured and hope they recover quickly and completely.
Our hearts go out to all those involved in this crash, and we hope for a full recovery. In the wake of such a crash, it can be hard to know what to do.
After an auto accident remember to:
1. Take care of your body:
- Get medical treatment and keep treating until stable.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for referrals and to seek out doctors you can trust.
- Keep all of your medical bills and medical records relating to the crash.
2. Collect evidence:
- Take photos at the scene of your car, their car, your injuries, and anything else that seems relevant.
- When you get home, write down any details you remember after the accident.
- File an Oregon Traffic and Insurance Report within 72 hours of the accident. Keep your copy.
- Get a copy of your police report (if one was filed).
- Keep track of the damage done to your vehicle and document repairs with photos.
- Do not give recorded statements to any insurance company without talking to a competent Portland car accident attorney.
3. Protect your rights:
- Read 7 Common Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Oregon Accident Case
- Keep good records of your treatment, damages, lost wages, etc.
- Get all correspondence with insurance companies in writing.
- Find out your statute of limitations.
This process can feel confusing and overwhelming, especially when you are in pain and worried about your financial wellbeing. Remember, you can always contact an Oregon personal injury attorney for a free consultation and evaluation of your case if you need help.