4 Injured in RV Accident, One Charged with DUI

Date: August 4, 2013
Location: Vida, Oregon
Name: Not Named

Four people were injured in a RV accident on Sunday, August 4, 2013.

Police were driving to the scene, after receiving a reported of an intoxicated driver, when the accident occurred. Before the trooper could make it to the scene, the RV stalled out. There were 11 people inside the vehicle, and five got out in order to push the RV. They unintentionally pushed the RV down a hill and lost control of it. The RV then flipped onto its roof and the people inside became trapped in the wreckage.

Firefighters and medics arrived on the scene and freed the victims form the wreckage after about 45 minutes. Four people were injured and transported to the hospital. The extent of their injuries is not known.

One person was charged in relation to the crash. Mary Louise Wragge, 45, of Eugene, was charged with driving under the influence, reckless driving, 10 counts of recklessly endangering another person, three counts of fourth-degree assault, driving with a suspended license and driving without insurance.

We would like to express our best wishes to all the parties injured in the accident. We hope you all have rapid and full recoveries.

Drunken driving accidents are tragedies that affect not only the victim, but often the victim’s family and friends as well. These cases are also legally complex and can face very strict time limits (as little as 180 days).

If you have been a victim of a drunk driving accident, you may be able to get compensation in a few ways:

  1. You may be able to file a claim with the auto insurance of the at-fault driver.
  2. You may be able to file a claim with your own insurance (if their insurance does not cover all your damages, it was a hit-and-run crash, or they do not have insurance).
  3. You may be able to file a claim against the establishment or person that supplied the alcohol to the drunk driver through a Dram Shop Notice.

A Dram Shop Notice allows you to hold responsible whoever served and continued to serve alcohol to the drunk driver after they were visibly intoxicated, or whoever served alcohol to someone who is underage. This could be a bar, nightclub, restaurant, or whoever supplied the alcohol.

These establishments are required to properly train and incentivize their employees to act in accordance with the OLCC’s guidelines regarding intoxicated drinkers. They should not be allowed to do otherwise. A Dram Shop Notice is a special letter that tells the establishment that they are being held accountable for failing to follow these guidelines.

But if the proper establishment does not receive the Dram Shop Notice within 180 days, the claim may be forever lost. This very tight time limit destroys many otherwise valid claims. Let an Oregon injury attorney who is familiar with the law regarding drunk driving accidents help you through this difficult time, and get you on your way to recovery.


About Sean DuBois

Sean is a personal injury attorney in Portland, OR. He has been recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as Oregon Rising Stars for the past four years because of his dedication to justice and fair compensation for his clients. If you need to speak with a lawyer about your injury case, Sean can be reached at 503-222-4411.

Posted on August 9, 2013, in Car Accidents, Drunk Driving, Oregon Car Accidents, rollovers. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: